Every activity sector that has equipment to manage and upkeep will potentially need a CMMS solution to garantee optimized fonctionning.
Some examples of different sectors concerned:
- Industry (automotive, pharmaceutical, etc.),
- Energy (gas, oil, electricity, etc.),
- Transport (road transport, rail transport, air transport,public transport, etc.),
- Medical (hospitals, clinics, etc.),
- Mass distribution,
- Local public services (urban communities, urban areas, airports, etc.),
- Constructions and public works,
- Telecoms (networks equipments management),
- and more !
Depending on the activity sector, targeted functionalities can be set up into personalized solutions thanks to specific developments.
What are the principal aims of a CMMS?
- Better management and reduced maintenance costs,
- Improved production yield and maintenance team performance ,
- Increased reliability and availability of equipment,
- Optimized buying processes (management of external provider contracts, financial and analytical information etc),
- Complete history and tracking of all maintenance,
- Easy management when it comes to scheduling interventions,
- Enquiry into the best Preventive /corrective ratio, depending on the equipment and availability goals,
- Better control of subcontractors and external providers,
- Enhanced stock management ( better controls of outstock, inventories assistance, optimized turnover rate etc.),
- Traceability of equipment,
- Decision support through the use of history analysis , balance sheets of machines, dashboards,